THANE MANAGEMENT FORUM [TMF]
Pl Click here to view the album http://www.lifegoeson.in/gallery/details/327
Management organizations in Mumbai have remained largely Mumbai focused, their training and education has continued to be expensive.
Organization: TMF will be a body OF and FOR and BY professionals, corporate managers, entrepreneurs and MSME industry members. TMF shall be aNot for Profit Foundation/ Trust engaged in improving knowledge and quality of Business Management, a field that deals with converting resources in to best business objectives and outcomes. It involves setting strategy, coordinating efforts of employees, managing human, financial, and technical and natural resources. All these complex tasks need one to keep abreast with best business practices.
Goals and Objectives:
- TMF shall promote Best Practices, Innovations, New Management Approaches, Engineering and Technical Knowledge/ Practices/ Methods in the field of business management for the benefit of its members and society.
- For students of management, TMF shall endeavor to bring in industry connect with guest lectures, joint sessions and industry visits. TMF may also institute scholarships for deserving students. For undergrads, TMF members shall take efforts to train them in basic knowledge of business management.
- TMF shall promote coordination and cooperation with industry through their associations like TSSIA, TMA, TBIA, SSEA, AAMA, KAMA, MIDCs, Andheri, Navi Mumbai, Panvel, Taloja and Greater Thane District Associations for conducting programs and activities.
- TMF shall endeavor to extend cooperation with other business organizations such as Bombay Chamber of Commerce and Industry, COSIA, Indian Merchants Chamber, IIMM, ASSOCHAM, Institute of Engineers, FICCI and Harvard Business School for increasing reach and adding value to its members
- TMF shall organize Programs and Activities that include lectures, skills and management development and education programs, sharing innovation in management/ engineering and technology areas, film shows, networking events, seminars and industry visits. In addition, we shall exercise power of Digital Technology (using Skype, Web seminars etc.) to keep all members abreast with latest events, developments, happenings, news and articles on important topics.
Resources for our Programs and Activities shall be raised only through participating member’s contribution and spent only for such programs and activities, not to be carried forward for other purposes. We can of course work on sponsorships, donations, T & D fees, consultancy assignments etc. from members and industries which will be spent on objectives listed above.
Our motto is “To develop leaders (individuals, industry) & one shall develop the Nation”. As Peter Drucker has said “Management is doing things right; Leadership is doing right things”. We shall aspire to do right things.